|My Attempt At Taking a Picture of An Old Book|
Then I go on Instagram or Twitter or others blogs.
I see people with all these books I want to read but I can't get at the moment.
Then I click out and try to make myself do something else instead. Not having the books I want means I'm not happy with the pictures I'm taking as they aren't the books I want. I don't want to write full reviews as I wanna ramble about certain books and worst comes to worst, I've spent so much time editing my novel recently that I kind of don't want to look at the written word anyway.
Instead, I've been reading manga and playing video games. If you follow me on Instagram and view my stories then you'll know that. I'd like to think some people would be willing to get excited along with me but they aren't what I want to be posting proper pictures of on there. These sorts of things have been in my life a long time too and they're my inspiration so it will help with my writing at least. But it means I could be missing out on some great book related things because I don't feel up to them and I'm focused on other things instead,
Another reason for the slump is actually my low follower count but I know I can't grow my followers if I'm not posting a lot of new and pretty content. I don't have the inspiration partly due to my lack of a following and lack of books so then it becomes a vicious circle. I actually went through one of these slumps before, shortly before I started posting properly on here, so I know I'll get out of it but for now I'm stuck in a loop.
It's depressing and I want out of this slump so I've come up with some ways to try and get out of it. If you're feeling just as down as me, why not try these out?
- Go through your books and find some of your old favourites to re-read. Maybe you'll finally take some pictures or write a review.
- Is there one book you want particularly more than another? Do something for your blog or work on your WIP and treat yourself to it when you reach your goal.
- Participate in a chat or live chat about books and get yourself excited about books you want or have. Try and make new friends.
- Do those things that are distracting you but try to balance it out with the book things you feel you need to do.
- Don't force yourself though. You'll find the inspiration eventually and the things you make yourself post but aren't happy with will make you cringe when you go back to them.
If you try any of these things then let me know how it works out for you!